"We all thrive, when the collective thrives"
Local makers bring their personal experiences, skills and original ideas to their products. Goods and services are thought out, created with care and more often than not, made with quality materials.
Care is put into not just their products but their customer service; which is often personalised. These are your neighbours, friends and families, people putting everything they have into seeing their dreams become reality.
And lastly what goes around, comes around. Local businesses support local charities, sports teams and events. They support community wellbeing and help create jobs and local prosperity.
Sunna's Gift Guide ~
- Baina; Organic cotton beach towel $110.00
- MaTo; hemp soap bar $7.99
- West Supply; for everything outdoors surf, skate, camp, bike, snow
- Good Lids; Hemp hats from $55.00
- Buddy; Hemp tees from $65.00
- Werebros; Carter's recipe book $55.00
- Lucinda Barrett; Jewellery, Pentacles Collection from $85.00
- Deborah Sweeney; Ceramics from $45.00
- Petley; handmade utensils and objects made from reclaimed NZ native timbers from $40
- Tangle Wood Toys; Stockmar watercolour paints $47.00 Sarahs Silks from $30.00
- Koanga Institute; Seed collections for children; garden fairy collection 38.00, children's garden collection $41.00
- The Dough Folk; wooden stamps and non toxic, safe and compostable playdough $5.00-$50.00
- Mindful & Co via Paper Plane Store; Kids yoga mats $110.00
Incredible right?! The other thing I thought I would mention is gifts can be experiences too; Petley does a wood workshop, look out for pottery courses, cooking classes, gardening workshops etc. There are so many creatives doing amazing things and we can help them to continue doing what they do best by getting behind them this gift giving season!!